Dental Implants in West Caldwell
Numerous ways exist to replace missing teeth, but only dental implants give you the closest results to natural teeth. It doesn't matter the cause of your tooth loss; dental implants can offer you beautiful and long-lasting results. At The New Jersey Center for Laser and Cosmetic Dentistry, we can restore your smile using dental implants that function, look, and feel like natural teeth.
If you or your loved one has one or more missing teeth and are looking for an effective solution in Caldwell, look no further. Our dental implant services are available for patients in West Caldwell, North Caldwell, and the surrounding communities. Contact us today to learn more about how we can restore your smile with long-lasting dental implants in West Caldwell.
CALL US: (973) 244-2424 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace missing teeth and are the combination of an implant post and dental restoration. The implant posts are made from body-safe materials like titanium alloys which, once placed in your jaw, will fuse with your bone to create a solid foundation for the dental restoration. From single crowns to dental bridges and Teeth in a Day, our practice has the solutions you need to restore the fullness and function of your bite.
Preparing Patients to Receive Dental Implants
The success of your dental implant procedure depends on the state of your oral health. Before receiving dental implants, your overall health should be in good form. Similarly, you require an adequate jawbone to support the implants for stability. If your jawbone is thin or you have dental issues that must be addressed first in order to qualify for implants, do not worry. We perform or partner with a local oral surgeon for the following pretreatments to ensure you are in the best position to receive dental implants.
- Tooth Extraction: If you have a badly damaged or infected tooth, it may be necessary to remove it before the procedure. A gentle tooth extraction will be performed whenever necessary before placing dental implants.
- Bone Grafting: Bone grafting adds volume and density to your jawbone so it can support dental implants. An oral surgeon will transplant a specific portion of healthy bone tissue to the affected area to facilitate regeneration and growth. You can get dental implants once you are fully healed and your jawbone is sufficient enough to support the implant post.
- Sinus Lifts: Just like a bone graft, a sinus lift boosts your jaw bone density and volume. However, a sinus lift is performed on the upper jaw near the back of the mouth. The process involves lifting the sinus membrane to make space for the transplanted bone tissue.
Before proceeding with any treatments, our friendly team will explain the entire process to ensure you understand the procedure and feel confident proceeding. We want the entire dental implant process to be as seamless and comfortable as possible.
Restorative Solution for Your Needs
Our West Caldwell dental office offers various implant-supported restorations for patients with missing teeth. Your choice will depend on factors like the number of missing teeth, your budget, and bone health. Retreatments are also available whenever you need them.
Dr. Joseph DalBon will take you through your options and recommend the best solution depending on your situation. The following implant-supported options are available at our practice:
- Crowns: Implant-supported dental crowns are appropriate for replacing individual missing teeth. We attach dental crowns onto the implants via abutments to restore your bite function and smile aesthetics.
- Bridges:If you are missing several teeth in a row, dental bridges are a great restoration option. Instead of relying on abutment teeth for support, implant-supported bridges attach to dental implants for stability. You can replace up to three consecutive missing teeth with a single bridge supported by two dental implants.
- Dentures:Partial and complete dentures are available for multiple or all missing teeth in an arch. When you have implant-supported dentures, they are more secure than traditional dentures, so you never have to worry about them slipping when eating or talking.
- All-On-4®:With this innovative dental implant process, you can replace an entire arch of missing teeth with only four implant posts. However, this procedure isn't right for everyone, and you must qualify based on your current oral health and bone density.
Additionally, we utilize CBCT digital scans to increase the efficiency and accuracy of your treatments by mapping out and designing where the implants should go. You can trust us to design and place your custom implant-supported restorations with precision.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Besides restoring your ability to chew, speak, and smile confidently, dental implants come with numerous benefits for your oral health and overall wellbeing. Here are some of the advantages of dental implants that have increased their popularity over traditional tooth replacement options:
Durable: Dental implants fuse permanently with the jawbone, making them a durable solution for missing teeth. With proper care, implants can last you a lifetime.
Prevent bone loss: Implant posts anchor into the jaw to replace the roots of missing teeth. They provide your jawbone with the stimulation necessary for bone health, thus preventing bone loss.
Stabilize adjacent teeth: Missing teeth can cause the remaining teeth to shift and become loose due to lack of support. Dental implants stabilize your remaining teeth, preventing them from moving.
Easy maintenance: Dental implants do not require special care. Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day, go for regular dental checkups, and enjoy a healthy diet to maintain your implants and overall oral health.
Natural-looking results: No other restorations can give you the functionality, feel, and appearance of natural teeth like dental implants. They effectively withstand the pressure of chewing and are highly stable. We also use tooth-colored restorations that match the shape and size of your natural teeth for aesthetically pleasing results.
When you choose dental implants, you can regain your bite function, boost your confidence, and protect your oral health.
Sedation For Your Dental Implants Treatment
We restore your smile while prioritizing your comfort and creating an overall positive experience. Since implant placement can be an intimidating treatment, oral and IV sedation is available, depending on your needs. We plan your treatment and work with a specialist who administers oral and IV sedation to alleviate any anxiety and maximize your comfort during your treatment.
Restore Your Dream Smile
Tooth loss does not have to be a permanent situation when solutions like dental implants exist. Regardless of the number of teeth you want to replace, our team is happy to help you achieve a functional and beautiful smile. At The New Jersey Center for Laser and Cosmetic Dentistry, we are passionate about your smile and long-term oral health. Set an appointment with us today and explore your options for dental implants in West Caldwell.
CALL US: (973) 244-2424 REQUEST APPOINTMENT